Graduate Studies Plan (College of Fine Arts)
For the academic year 2020/2021
Postgraduate studies in universities are the basis for measuring sober scientific levels after the passage of one cycle of the college life. Postgraduate studies in international and Iraqi universities take extremely important dimensions due to their essential position in building society and fulfilling its economic, political and educational requirements and focusing human values in peaceful coexistence between All sects, nationalities and religions, in order to have a proper participation in building the superstructure of society in terms of thought, culture and behavior in order to build a state of institutions with sophisticated and advanced foundations.
Postgraduate studies at the College of Fine Arts aim to:
1. Crystallization of theoretical and applied scientific concepts towards general specialization and strict specialization.
2. Striving to consolidate scientific and educational values related to the establishment of societies that coexist peacefully within the framework of the one nation.
3. Preparing cadres with high academic qualifications in various specializations in the field of scientific departments in the college
4. Contribute to finding scientific solutions with educational frameworks for the problems and obstacles that the emerging democratic society suffers from.
5. Working on producing scientific research that conforms to the interim and strategic development requirements in order to be productive and away from being consuming.
6. Finding a space of sound research effort to distinguish between theoretical research and applied research, and working to have a delicate balance between them.
A brief overview of postgraduate studies
Postgraduate studies at the College of Fine Arts began in the academic year 2001-2002, when the first postgraduate / master's course was opened in the Department of Fine Arts, and four students were accepted with specializations (painting, pottery, and sculpture). The first postgraduate / master's course was opened in the Department of Dramatic Arts in the academic year 2003-2004, with four students in specializations (acting, directing, literature and theater criticism). As for the doctorate, and after obtaining ministerial approvals, a doctorate was opened in the Department of Dramatic Arts in the academic year 2005-2006 with one student in the field of (theatrical techniques).
A number of (79) students have been accepted in plastic studies until the 2012-2013 academic year, in the specializations (painting, ceramics, sculpture).
As for the Department of Dramatic Arts, (83) male and female students and (17) male and female students were accepted, in specializations (acting, directing, literature and theater criticism).
Applications for admission to postgraduate studies are done through application forms and work with the controls and instructions issued by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and the University of Basra exclusively.